Facing problems when importing 3DR Solo 4K MP4/MOV footage in Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5/CS4 for editing? Find the easiest solution to fix the issue below.
The 3DR Solo drone was specifically designed for the GoPro Hero 4 camera. The 3DR has many features such as cable cam, orbit, follow me and selfie which will allow you to capture great aerial photos and film from all angles. The 3DR Solo is top notch and terrific for shooting great aerial scenery in 4k UHD with GoPro Hero 4 which can film 4K video at 30 frames per second and 2.7K at 60 frames per second.
After recording some stunning 4K footage by 3DR Solo, chances are you want to edit these 4K videos in Premiere Pro so as to make them more stylish, before uploading to YouTube or posting on Facebook. Although Adobe claimed that Premiere Pro CC can handle (usually) 4K files without much problem, many people have found it a painful experience to edit 3DR Solo 4K footage in Premiere Pro CC. And you will encounter laggy playback problems now and them. What's more, Adobe PP CC can handle (usually) 4K files without much problem, but it is extremely hardware intensive. And below is Premiere Pro CC optimized 4K playback settings.
The list of 4k editing optimizations for Premiere Pro CC:
CPU: minimum Intel i7-5930K or equivalent. AMD lagging way behind.
RAM: minimum 16GB, better 32GB or more
GPU: dedicated graphics with minimum NVidia GTX 780Ti, or GTX 970 or the higher end Quadro M4000. AMD have currently unreliable drivers.
GPU: VRAM minimum 3GB with 256bit memory bus
HDD: at least 100MB/s read/write speed
Premiere Pro CC Settings
Disable High-Quality Playback, gets you apx. 5-10% performance (Player Window/Wrench Icon/High Qaulity Playback).
INFO: Mercury Engine Transmit to second monitor, takes away apx. 5-10% performance (Player Window/Wrench Icon/Enable Transmit).
RedCode/Cineform movie files: Set playback resolution to 1/2 or 1/4 size will increase performace apx. 10-20% (Player Window/Full-1/2-1/4,etc.)
Increase Playback Preroll and Postroll time to 3-8 seconds for smoother playback, especially with slower harddrives (Edit/Preferences/Playback/Preroll-Postroll).
Disable Lumetri Scopes if not needed. They have been optimized in PP 2015.3 but you loose 3-8% performance when enabled (Window/Lumetri Scopes).
What if you're getting lag in playback while working with 3DR Solo 4K footage in Premiere CC/CS6/CS5/CS4? Thankfully you probably don't have to buy a new computer… In the professional world, 4K is a digital cinema standard that calls for a 4096 x 2160 pixel resolution. However, the majority of work is still being finished in 1080p. So before importing the 4K footage to Premiere for smooth editing without crashing your computer, you'd better downscale 3DR Solo 4K footage to 1080p and transcode the 4K stuff formatted/encoded in MOV or MP4 to Premiere more-editing friendly format, such as MPEG-2.
Actually, it's not as difficult as you imagine. What's need is a just a video converter for Mac like Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac - The program works as the best Mac 4K Video Converter. It helps you fast transcode 3DR Solo, DJI Phantom 4, DJI Phantom 3, DJI Phantom 2 footage to Premiere Pro preferred MPEG-2 with fast encoding speed and without quality loss.
What's more, it's the optimal tool for transcoding GoPro, Sony, Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, etc camera or camcorder videos to kinds of NLE programs Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro, FCE and more. For Windows user, please turn to Dimo Video Converter Ultimate. Just download it and follow the simple guide to achieve your goal.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-77376153.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac/digazgge.html
- handyarchive Download: http://www.handyarchive.com/Audio/Rippers-Encoders/176347-Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate-for-Mac.html
- filetransit Download: http://www.filetransit.com/screenshot.php?id=450316
- filedudes Download: http://www.filedudes.com/Dimo_Video_Converter_Ultimate_for_Mac-download-226665.html
- directoryofshareware Download:http://www.directoryofshareware.com/preview/dimo_video_converter_ultimate_for_mac/
- xentrik Download: http://www.xentrik.net/software/dimo_video_converter_ultimate_for_mac.html
- filebuzz Download: http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo/470884/Dimo_Video_Converter_Ultimate_for_Mac.html
- fileflash Download: http://146210.7.fileflash.com/download/
- yankeedownload Download: http://www.yankeedownload.com/software/dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac-lnpol.html
- dodownload Download: http://www.dodownload.com/audio/grabber-converter/dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac.html
- Antivire Download: http://www.antivire.com/Downloads/Audio-Multimedia/Rippers-Converters/Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate-for_46665.html
Solo 4K video to work in Premiere Pro Pro
Step 1: Run the program you just set up. Drag and drop the 4K files to the Converter. You can also hit "Add File" button to import videos to the app.
Step 2. Choose output format > Click "Select Format" bar and choose "Editor > Adobe Premiere" as output format for editing raw 4K in Adobe with natively supported video codec.
3. Advanced V/A settings > Click "Settings" button if you'd like to customize advanced audio and video parameters like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, audio channels.
Note: If you want to get original 4K resolution, just keep the video size as original. Or set resolution to 1920 * 1080, to compress source 3DR Solo 4K to 1080p.
4. Start converting 3DR Solo K footage to Premiere Pro> Hit the con button of the best 4K Video Converter. It will start converting 3DR Solo 4K for importing to Adobe Premiere Pro immediately. Soon after the conversion, just click "Open" button to get the generated files for natively editing in Premiere Pro CC/CS6 as well as CS5/CS4/CS3 perfectly.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 Macs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 Macs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; Convert Blu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO/M2TS; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
An all-around video converter software program that enables you to convert various video and audio files to formats that are supported by most multimedia devices.
8K Player (Mac/Win)
A mixture of free HD/4K video player, music player, Blu-ray/DVD player, video recorder and gif maker.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.
- Open DJI Phantom 4 4K Footage in VLC
- Tricks for Downscaling Canon 5D Mark IV 4K to 1080p
- How to Watch and Play H.265/HEVC movies on 4K TV?
- How to work with MOV File (Quicktime) in Adobe Premiere
- Convert DJI Mavic Pro 4K Footage for Editing in GoPro Studio
- Transcode Canon 5D Mark IV 4K to DNxHD for Avid Media Composer