Can Premiere edit 4k material? In this article, we will talk about how to import and edit 4K video in Premiere Pro CC/CS6. Learn the details.
As 4K-resolution cameras
falling into consumers' hands, such as BlackMagic Design Production Camera, Leica D-LUX, Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GH4K/FZ1000, Sony Alpha a7S, GoPro Hero4 Black, Canon EOS 1D-C, etc. In this situation, if you
recorded some 4K videos with your 4K camcorder, you may prefer to edit them before sharing with friends or uploading to YouTube or 4K TV. Then the question arises. Will editing
programs like Premiere Pro CC support 4K videos?
Granted, Premiere Pro CC 7 (2017 included), CS6 can handle (usually) 4K files without much problem, but it is extremely hardware intensive. You probably don't like to invest a new computer, that means dead end? Humh, of course not, but you do need to transcode 4K video to Premiere Pro using MPEG-2 (1080p) as primary delivery format. Here we will discuss how to edit 4K footage with Premiere Pro without bogging down your computer.
How to import and edit 4K video in Premerie Pro CC successfully?
To get a best solution for 4K video and finish the 4K video conversion task, the best Mac 4K video converter app,Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac, is your best choice to transcode DJI, Nikon, Sony, Blackmagic, GoPro, Panasonic, Canon 4K video to Premerie Pro CC codec. With it, you can effortlessly transcode transcode 4K video, H.264(MP4), XAVC, XAVC S, etc footage to MPEG-2 for Premiere Pro.
What's more, it supports converting 4K files to various non-linear editing systems (NLE), including Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, Camtasia Studio and more. If you work 4K files in Adobe Premiere Pro on Windows PC, please get Dimo Video Converter Ultimate to solve the issues.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate.soft32.com/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Vi ... 194_4-77376153.html
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo ... r-mac/digazgge.html
- Antivire Download: http://www.antivire.com/Download ... mate-for_46665.html
- Directoryofshareware Download: http://www.directoryofshareware. ... r_ultimate_for_mac/
- Fileflash Download: http://146210.7.fileflash.com/download/
Convert 4K video
files for Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/CC/CS6/CS5/CS4
Step 1. Load 4K Files
Run the program you just install, and drag and drop the 4K video files to the 4K converter. You can also hit "Add File" button to import videos to the app.
Step 2. Choose output format
Click "Select Format" bar and choose "Format" > "Editor" > "Adobe Premiere" as output format for editing 4K in Adobe with natively supported video codec.
Tips: Click "Setting" button if you'd like to customize advanced audio and video parameters like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, audio channels. However, please keep it default as original if you want to get original 4K resolution.
Step 3. Start converting 4K files
Tab the "Start" button of this fastest 4K Video Converter. It will start to transcode 4K for importing to Adobe Premiere Pro immediately. Soon after the conversion, just click "Open" button to get the generated files for natively editing in Premiere Pro CC 2017 as well as CC7/CS6/CS5/CS4/CS3 perfectly.
Other tips to get best Premiere Pro CC Settings:
1. Disable High-Quality Playback, gets you apx. 5-10% performance (Player Window/Wrench Icon/High Qaulity Playback).
INFO: Mercury Engine Transmit to second monitor, takes away apx. 5-10% performance (Player Window/Wrench Icon/Enable Transmit).
2. RedCode/Cineform movie files: Set playback resolution to 1/2 or 1/4 size will increase performace apx. 10-20% (Player Window/Full-1/2-1/4,etc.)
3. Increase Playback Preroll and Postroll time to 3-8 seconds for smoother playback, especially with slower harddrives (Edit/Preferences/Playback/Preroll-Postroll).
4. Disable Lumetri Scopes if not needed. They have been optimized in PP 2015.3 but you loose 3-8% performance when enabled (Window/Lumetri Scopes).
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 Macs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 Macs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues of importing 4K to Premiere Pro CC.
- How to add H.265 to Kodi for playback
- Ways to Share Downloaded Oscar Video
- Convert and Play GoPro videos on VR devices
- Convert SD/HD/4K video to play on Google Pixel
- Can I Play 4K H.265/HEVC Files on 4K Projector?
- Copy H.265 to NAS (Asustor AS-202TE) for storage